Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Baking Class Today

We made it to the kitchen today, all decked out in our chef uniforms not really knowing how things were going to work, but work they did. Most of the class was in teams of two, but there were three in my group. Today we put together a rhubarb cobbler and made chocolate cakes that we will be turning into a bread pudding next week (don't worry the cakes we made we froze, so they will be fresh). It is amazing how when you are working with others how quickly your find your rythum. I enjoyed class today. It was easy to take skills I use in my kitchen on a daily basis and put them to use in a professional kitchen. I am excited about learning new cooking and baking skills. I love learning about the different flours and what they are best used for and all the different methods of mixing and what happens with each. I know that the bake goods I produce in my own kitchen will be much better now and I always receive compliments on the things that I make now. I am glad that I have chosen to go to school, this has been a great decision.

No comments:

Post a Comment