Sunday, February 14, 2010

I'm Continuing My Journey

I have completed my first month of the second semester of school and I have learned so much, invaluable tools already and I still have so much to learn. The things that I am learning I am sharing with my family and friends and it's incredible. Making new dishes in new ways is very exciting to me and once I have the foundations down then I can begin to tweak some of them so that they are healthier dishes. In the meantime my knife skills are improving and my understanding of how different foods, spices and sauces work together is growing. My baking skills are improving as well. Of course I am required to take other classes as well and each one is bringing benefits of their own and I am enjoying each for how they are improving a different aspect of my life.




It is amazing how well things work together to create some amazing dishes and we can say the same about life. It amazes me to set here and think about how God put all of these things together and they compliment each other so well, making our lives that much more enjoyable, challenging and rewarding sometimes all in the same breath. Everyday presents us with new opportunities to learn,to share, and to overcome whether that be through studies, relationships or some other avenue we have much to be thankful for, especially in this great country of ours, even with all of its fault.



I love spending my days in the kitchen creating something new and sharing it with others, I think it gives me a glimpse into the heart of Papa God, how He must have felt as He was creating this exceptional world that we are a part of. I love how it brings joy to others, don't you know Papa must feel the same way.



I am working on the projects that I need to complete for some of my other classes and as I work on them I am looking for how they affect other avenues of my life, I don't want to learn just for the sake of learning, I desire for a life change to take place from the things that I am learning so that I can help make a positive impact on the lives of those around me.



Take time today to reflect on the things that are impacting your life and how you can use those things to make a postive impact on those around you.

No comments:

Post a Comment