Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Sunshine

The sun is shining, the birds are singing and there is a nice breeze this morning. I am sitting here at the dining room table with the windows open listening to nature and having a wonderful cup of coffee. I am mentally preparing a list of all that I hope to accomplish today. I have paid the bills and they are ready for the mailbox. I have laundry started, so next on the list is the kitchen and then my room and then the floors. After I have finished my inside list I am going outside to plant my herbs. There is nothing better than cooking with fresh herbs. I still need to get some terragon, savory and thyme. I love the smell of the herbs, especially basil.

I love summer, warm weather and the water. I probably should live in Florida or some island where it is warm all the time, because I really don't like winter. When I was in the Army I was stationed in Washington State where it rains alot, although I survived while I was there going up on Mt Rainer, cleaning up after Mt St Helen, I still prefer the warmth. I love the ocean, the sound it makes as it is coming in. It reminds me of the power of the Holy Spirit. I love the vastness of the ocean. I can stand and look out at the ocean for hours. I can spend hours on the beach just listening or reading a book. I love to take walks on the beach, especially with my husband. If all goes well I will be going to New York in a few weeks and we will go walking on the beach.

Life is good when the sun comes out. I know that we need rain, I wish it would rain while we are sleeping and the sun could be out when we are awake, but I guess that would only happen in a perfect world and while we are part of this world, perfect is just our own ideas and perceptions.

Well, as much as I would love to just sit here and write today I do have things that need to be done and while I am motivated to get them done I had better get started. I hope everyone that stops by to share my ramblings will enjoy today as much as I intend to.

Love to you all and may God's face shine upon yours.

No comments:

Post a Comment