Thursday, July 29, 2010

Twists and Turns

Life takes many twists and turns and some days you don't know what to expect, other days you can tell where life is going to take you. We have had many things going on in our lives lately and we don't know what is going to happen from one day to the next, one day we can feel our hearts breaking and the next our hearts may be rejoicing. We have learned to place our trust where it belongs with God. I couldn't imagine living life and not having God to turn to with my successes and failures.

Raising children has it twists and turns as well as marriage, but the twist and turns are defientely worth going through. We are walking through some right now but I know in the end that it will be worth it. Allowing your children to make their own mistakes is sometimes hard but so necessary, Lord knows that i have made enough of my own over the years and I have learned much from them. I think I have learned more from my mistakes than from my successes. I try to impart as much as the wisdom that I have gleaned over the years with my kids but ultimatley it is up to them whether they chose to use what I share with them or learn the hard way. I guess at times they have to walk through their own twists and turns.

No comments:

Post a Comment