Friday, July 30, 2010

Working

I am working a fast food job, cooking but it doesn't require any of the culinary skills that I have been learning in school, which is a little disheartening, but on the other hand this job works around my school schedule. I desire to be in a job that allows me to use my creative skills. I was suppose to have a job working with a Chef that I have known since High School, I even filled out all the paper work, I was suppose to just wait for them to call and wouldn't you know I have been waiting all summer, it is disappointing but I will rise above this and continue on. I have alot of other opportunities ahead of me and I will learn from each one of them.

I am glad that after tomorrow I will have a day off and it is suppose to be nice so I will be hanging out in the pool, then I will be ready for the following week to hit it again at work, the only problem is the temperature is going to be really hot which makes the cook aisle that much hotter, it has already been well over a hundred and I come home soaked and exhausted. I remind myself often to be thankful that I have a job of anykind with the way our economy in our country is right now. I am also very grateful that I am able to continue to go to school and pursue my dream of owning my own restaurant. I am not sure how it is all going to come about but I know that it will. I am looking forward to what the future holds. I hope I come out of school being alot more creative with flavors than I am right now. In the meantime I will continue working on my skills.

No comments:

Post a Comment