Thursday, April 29, 2010

Communication

I have been sitting here studying for my final in Communication. I wonder how many of us ever really think about how many different ways we communicate and in those ways how many different ways we accent our communication. We communicate verbally and non-verbally, using our body language, our eyes, vocal tones, distance and more. With our communication we show love and understanding, we can intimidate others, we can share stories, as well as our hopes and dreams. Through communication we can educate others and we can bring healing into others lives.

It is through communication that I am sitting here writing this blog and learning more about communication with every word that I am typing. It is through communication that we teach our children.

As I was writing my notes on communication I realize that there are dimensions in communicating. Writing can be 2-3 dimensional depending on the description within the writing, but communicating with someone via a chat room or email that is 2 dimensional and is missing something. Voice inflection and body language is important in communication, it is important to hear the tone and to see the sincerity in the eyes of the ones communicating.

It is through communicating that we often miss communicate or we miss understand what the other person is trying to say, or they say something and we think they mean something else. Communication is a tricky business, but it is awesome.

I communicate with my granddaughter everyday and she says more with her smiles and her laughs than a lot of adults do with their many words.

Communication is really a great gift to all of us, where would we be without it.

No comments:

Post a Comment