Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Playing Washer and Arguing

This is a story I put together in Comp. class off of two index cards.

My husband and I were out on the lawn playing washers and I was winning of course. We were discussing many topics and the afternoon was going along swimmingly until the topic of people at the age of 50 or older having to take a drivers liscense retest. My husband who is not yet 50 started laughing hysterically saying why of course if your over 50 you should have to retake your test and I yelled at him saying that is absurd, (throwing a washer and overthrowing it) I can drive perfectly fine and I am over 50. He begin saying stupid things like: when you get older your reflexes slow down, your eye site isn’t as good and you know your memory begins to go too (throwing his washer and it landing in the box. I came back at him rather loudly that I agreed that those things happened with people over the age of 65 (throwing another washer and over shooting it once again), but it would be ludicris to test everyone at the age of 50 because most of us are just beginning to live, applying all the things that we have been learning in life and look at this age I am helping teach our son how to drive, especially off of the grass. He continues to laugh and throws another washer, hitting the mark). Now keep in mind that will we are arguing the game continues on and I keep missing which is making me all the madder, I am getting louder and more frustrated, so my husband is having a great laugh at my expense. Then he comes up with this hair brained idea for me to take the test to prove my point and yes you know I am all about that, so we agree that the following Friday I would take the test and you know I will pass, (we are betting a steak dinner on this one) because at 50 there is no reason that you are not still capable of driving. We continued to play washers and he won the game, but the war is far from over.

No comments:

Post a Comment