Thursday, April 15, 2010

Friends

Have you ever thought about the fact that your friends are the family that you get to chose. Many of us have so called family out there that don't even really know us, but then want to tell us what to do or judge what we are doing just because we are related by blood. Our friends however are those that take the time to get to know us, who share in our ups and our downs, who will take the time to pour into our lives and allow us to pour into theirs.

I am truly blessed to have friends that take the time to build a meaningful relationship with me, their are those who have been with me through some major struggles in my life, breast cancer being one of them (I had family who never even called to talk to me, with the lame excuse they didn't want to bother me) and those same friends are cheering me on as I am going to college at age 50 (while some of my family just wants to give me crap because I got a grant).

These friends of mine have loved me even when I have made mistakes, but so called family have sat back in judgement. I say shame on them. As you can tell I am still working through some of my feelings about some of my family, it is safe to say that I am truly pissed off at some of them. It would be nice if that could just be happy for us, because we have a full and meaningful life, but all of this is part of life, so you just have to decide how you are going to respond to it, at times it is like the grieving process and there are stages that you have to go through and right now I am in a little bit of a rough stage with some of it because of some recent events, so what I have to say is this, thank God for true friends. Thank God for those who will pick up the phone and call and say ok what is going on, because they have noticed that you have retreated or they will call and say let do lunch or some such thing, that means alot. Now don't get me wrong I have some family that does that too ( I won't say who because I don't want to hurt anyones feelings).

My friends know who they are and I just want to say to them Thank You and I love you and I can't wait to see where the next leg of our journey takes us.

No comments:

Post a Comment