Friday, April 30, 2010

Storms

We live in an area where spring storms are prevelant and today is know exception, we have storms moving into the area. With spring storms there is always a chance of hail, golf ball size to baseball size, strong winds and tornado's. I have only been through an actual tornado when I was a child, I have been around them, had friends lose material things, we have helped clean up after a tornado, but thankfully I have never lost anyone in a tornado. I love the smell of rain and the sounds of storms but I hate the devistation that is caused by storms. I love the rainbows that come after the storms reminding us of the promise that God gave to us. The sound of rain is very relaxing, I love to sleep when it is raining, it is harder to sleep when it is storming, especially if the wind is blowing things around outside, thankfully we have a basement and when there are warnings that is where you will find us, watching TV, sleeping or playing a game, doing things to take our minds off of the storm. I do hate driving in storms and I may have to today, especially since we have family coming for dinner. I wish the storms would go around us.

1 comment:

  1. I enjoy the rain as well, but not the wind. We have family down in AR and they got hit pretty hard. Also, now with all the flodding in TN, MS and GA. I feel for the ones in need.

    ReplyDelete