Monday, April 5, 2010

Drown Your Sorrows

I use to live my life trying to drown my sorrows, either through alcohol or drugs, trying to run from my problems, only to discover that I was creating more problems. I faced some really hard challenges in my life that created a lot of pain. I didn't trust anyone, because one of the people in my life that should have kept me safe, someone that I should have been able to trust, turned my world upside down and so I didn't want to feel the pain, so over time I ended up doing drugs and drinking. So instead of drowning my sorrows, the sorrows started piling up on one another. I created so many other problems and my family suffered from the choices that I was making trying to run from the problems that others had created for me. I am so glad to not feel like I have to drown my sorrows any longer. There are so many people out there who are trying to drown their sorrows one drink at a time, which turns into one bottle at a time or one pill at a time, not realizing they are destroying their lives, their health and those that are around them.

It has been 25 years since I have lived my life this way. I have experienced so much healing in my life now, that I face my problems head on.

No comments:

Post a Comment