Tuesday, April 13, 2010

The Pool

I spend as much time as possible out at our pool in the summer. I read, I journal and I reflect as I lay out in the pool. When I was a Youth Pastor I use to get some of my best words for the youth when I was our at the pool. We try and have BBQ's during the summer, swim and just build relationships, of course as our kids were growing up the neighborhood kids knew where the pool was and of course we shared. I will lay in the pool and look up at the sky and try to imagine what God was thinking when He created this earth, and how He created the sun to feel as warm as it does upon our bodies and to kiss it ever so genly with just the right amount of color. I look up at the clouds to see what shapes that I can find in them. Over the years I have discovered that my pool is the best prayer closet that I have. I know that God is everywhere but I feel closer to Him when I am outside. This year it will be really special because our granddaughter is old enough to really have fun in it and we have some special floaties for her. I love being ourside in the pool, I gues that is why in the summer I get up early even if I don't have to so that I can get my housework done and what ever else needs to be done so that I can go outside. I love to sit outside on the deck and have my coffee in the mornings and if it is warm enough I will stick my feet into the pool and just enjoy the morning. I am choosing to take this summer off from school so that I can enjoy the pool, because once I finish school and open our business we will be busy for many hours a day, so I will enjoy while I can.

No comments:

Post a Comment