Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Dear Shane

My dearest brother,

I can't believe that you have been gone since 1986. I still remember you like yesterday, your sense of humor, how you looked, but I can't remember your voice or your laugh, which makes me sad. I remember the ride I took in your MG and on some of your motorcycles, but not the one that took you from us. I wish you would have been here to meet my other children, however I did name my middle daughter after you, she has your sense of humor. You would be proud of how my life has turned around. I finished High School, I have been clean for 25 years and I am in college with my daughter who is named after you. Hopefully when I get to heaven I will be able to share these things with you. Bubba I am getting ready to celebrate my 26th wedding anniversary. So much has happened in my life since you were taken from us that I wish I could share with you. I don't walk around grieving but there are day when I still miss you so very much. God has been really good to me and my life is full, I just wish you were here to share it with. I still think of you as my big little brother because of all the times that you were there for me. I fought cancer and won, I fought addiction and won, and today as I am sitting here writing this to you I am healthy, healed and whole. I hope that you know this. It is hard for me to know what you are allowed to know up there in heaven or even if it matters. At least I know my 2 children that are in heaven as well are with God and you, I can't wait to meet them. I have been in contact with my birthson and hopefully someday you will get to meet him to, depends on the road that his life takes. We have a beautiful granddaughter that you would adore. I have been in touch with Donna and she has turned into a fine young woman, you would still love her, she has remarried and is happy, so I know that you would be happy for her. Our sister is still a mess but hopefully she will get herself straightened out soon, she is on her way, at least I think so. Well bud I miss you and I love you and I look forward to seeing you again.

No comments:

Post a Comment