Tuesday, April 6, 2010

Pottery


One of my favorite things to use as accent pieces in my home is pottery. Pottery of all types and colors. We took our living room to a very nuetral pallette so that we could add color through the accent pieces. I have used green, blue, gold, several shades of brown and terra cotta. There is a plant shelf in my livingroom and instead of putting plants or pictures my is full of pottery. My favorite coffee mug is a piece of pottery that friends of mine gave me for my 50th birthday. Whenever we sell this house and move in a couple of years I am not sure what I will do with all of my pottery pieces, but I am sure that I will come up with something. Whenever we travel we look for new pieces to add to our collections. I love pieces made by American Indians with all of their traditional artwork and colors incorporated. I don't own the pieces that are on this blog, but I sure would like to, they would work in the grand scheme of things. My daughter would love to learn to make pottery, she is always on the lookout for a potters wheel and a kiln, hopefully one day I will be displaying the pieces that she has made. As I am sitting here blogging about my love for pottery I really have no idea where that love has come from, maybe my heritage or maybe one day a piece just caught my eye and well as they say the rest is history. I am sure when we open our Deli we will proudly display a few pieces.

No comments:

Post a Comment